Worm wheel gearboxes are mainly used in indirectly driven systems. Worm wheel gearboxes are compact, maintenance-free power transmission units for driving ventilation, hoisting and air inlet systems in greenhouses and livestock houses. If used for an indirect drive application, worm wheel units make maximum use of the power from a motor gearbox, enabling multiple screens and air vents to be moved at once. This reduces the total cost of the driven system significantly.
Worm wheel gearboxes are equipped with a self-braking worm wheel transmission. This near-silent transmission ensures that the drive shaft is braked when the drive unit stops moving.
Worm wheel gearbox models
W240, W400 and W600 gearboxes:
- Maximum drive torque 240, 400 and 600 Nm
- Available in standard version with a continuous worm shaft (D)
- Equipped with 16-tooth sprockets
- Worm gearbox can be mounted on both sides
- Comes with fixing bolts and spring washers as standard
W120 worm wheel gearboxes:
- Maximum drive torque 120 Nm
- Designed for hand-driven roller systems
- Lightweight thanks to aluminium housing
- Equipped with one-sided output shaft
- Available in a right (R) and left (L) version